WEBSTER CHURCH CEMETERY ASSOCIATION
RULES AND REGULATIONS
For the common and mutual protection of those holding burial rights in Webster Church Cemetery, the following rules and regulations have been adopted by the Webster Church Cemetery Association and approved by the Webster Church Council. Further, all holders of interment rights within the cemetery shall be subject to said rules and regulations, and shall be further subject to such other rules and regulations, amendments, or alterations as shall be hereafter adopted by the Webster Church Cemetery Association and approved by the Church Council.
1. Purchase of Burial Rights
Purchase of burial rights in Webster Church Cemetery is restricted to past and current members of Webster United Church of Christ. Holders of Burial Rights in Webster Church Cemetery may use those rights to bury their family members. Exceptions may be made by the Cemetery Board with approval of Church Council. Burial Rights may be used only for the burial of human remains. The real estate remains the property of the Webster United Church of Christ.
A description of lots and plots will be defined on the cemetery plat records and will also be kept in duplicate files. Duplicate files will be kept by the Webster Church Cemetery Association Secretary and one in the Church Office.
Definition of Plots (graves)
Single 1 grave
Cremation 1 or 2 cremation burials on 1 grave site or 1 cremation burial over an existing casket. All caskets must be placed in a cement vault or a combination casket/vault.
A document of Right of Burial shall be issued by the Secretary of the Webster Church Cemetery Association upon receipt of full payment. Said document shall be signed by both the Treasurer and the President on behalf of the Webster Church Cemetery Association.
2. Care of the Cemetery is the responsibility of the Webster Church Cemetery Association and includes cutting the grass at reasonable intervals, mulching or removal of leaves and debris, and the pruning of shrubs and trees. Care by the Webster Church Cemetery Association shall in no way mean the maintenance, repair or replacement of any marker, monument or memorial placed upon lots by the owner or purchaser of Burial Rights or their agents.
3. No shrubbery or trees may be planted in the Cemetery without the express approval of the Webster Church Cemetery Association. The Association further reserves the right to remove trees, shrubs, or any other object that it considers injurious to the functioning or appearance of the Cemetery.
4. Flowers or other decorations on graves must be removed from the Cemetery grounds at the end of their useful season. Any articles or containers not removed will be removed by the Webster Church Cemetery Association, which will assume no responsibility for any removed article.
5. All plot surfaces shall be kept at grade level and no enclosures of any kind shall be placed or built around any plot or lot. The covering of the plot shall be grass similar to that covering the surrounding area in the Cemetery.
6. The grave location and the location of all markers and their foundations shall be marked by a Webster Church Cemetery Association member.
7. Prices and Fees
The costs of opening and closing graves or cremation sites shall be paid by the Burial Right owner, his/her heirs, or agents. There will also be a Service Fee for Perpetual Care assessed at the time of burial and payable to the Webster Church Cemetery Association. This fee is to cover the costs of the Association, and is separate from and not included within the charges made by persons contracted to open or close the grave or cremation site.
The price of Burial Rights , Service Fees for Perpetual Care, and opening and closing of a cremation site by the WCCA shall be established annually by the Webster Church Cemetery Association and approved by the Church Council.
Purchase price of Burial Rights on one defined plot $400
Service Fee due at time of interment of a grave $200
Service Fee due at time of interment of one cremation $200
Opening and closing of a cremation site by the WCCA $200
Checks are to be made out to Webster Church Cemetery Association and sent to the Treasurer of the Association. Checks may be mailed to the Webster Church office at 5484 Webster Church Road, Dexter, MI 48130.
The Webster Church Cemetery Association reserves the right to adopt additional rules and regulations, or to amend, alter, or to repeal any rule, regulation, paragraph, or sentence in these Rules and Regulations at any time with the approval of Church Council.
Approved by Webster Church Council December 18,2005